Knee Braces: There are several important benefits of knee braces (found in the category of Pain Control at MobilityPlusofCA.com aka MPOCA.com). These benefits include: minimize discomfort, provide stability and protect against further injury. Knee braces are COVERED BY MEDICARE AND MOST INSURANCE. It is a good idea to call Mobility Plus of CA. to find out if you qualify.
There are three main styles of knee braces (Ligament bracing, Patella Stabilizer, and arthritis bracing).
- Ligament knee braces can be designed to be very light for athletes who do not want to be burdened with extra weight of a heavy brace. Most common ligament for the knee to sprain is the ACL ligament. A good brace of this injury would be the warrior knee brace (found under bracing section of Mobility Plus Pain Control category) – with lateral support so the knee will not move side to side. (Usually a hinged brace with locking devices for proper range of motion after or before surgery is recommended.)
- Patella Stabilizers are Knee braces that don’t allow the patella (knee cap) to move around or dislocate. A good brace for this would be the Hyper-Control brace by DeRoyal. Medial and lateral hinges help to prevent hyperextension of the knee.
- Arthritis (OA) Bracing: The Osteoarthritis patient will want to use a “weight redistributing brace” that will handle a weight bearing load. By distributing the weight off the knee this allows the user to perform daily functions with decrease pain. Typically you would use a pull up brace that can fit under you clothing and is easy to take off and put on.
Back Braces minimize discomfort, provide stability and protect against further injury. Because of these benefits they too are COVERED BY MEDICARE AND MOST INSURANCE. Again, it is a good idea to call Mobility Plus of CA. to find out if you qualify. Back braces can be used for the spine, cervical, and lower back (see Braces under Pain Control).
- Cervical braces are to help restrict flexion, extension, and lateral bending or axial rotation of the neck.
- Lumbar Sacral (lower back) braces: These braces wrap around the waist with a dual dynamic closure system allowing infinite adjustability and maximum compression. The compression provided usually helps with pain and support.
- Spine Braces: These usually have a four panel design that helps control pelvic rotation and lumbar flexion- the most destructive motions of the lower spine. Usually this brace starts high, near the neck and provides supports all the way down to the lower back.
For more information or to discuss your needs, please call MOBILITY PLUS OF CA. (209) 552-2244. Or Visit our showroom at 627 Galaxy Way in Modesto.
Laurence R Patchett,
CEO Mobility Plus of CA